THE RECIPES FOR THESE BREADS AND SOUPS ARE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE BOOKS:

"BREAD IN A BAG", OR "BREAD IN A BAG BOOK TWO" - (SEE LINKS BELOW FOR PURCHASING)

ALSO: "SOUP IN A BAG" (see link below for purchasing)

NOTE: BREADS ARE SHOWN IN OLDER POSTS. SEE ARCHIVES. CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE.

Note: This blog looks much better with Google Chrome.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pressure Canning Meat

I am so spoiled.  For the past few years I've made sure that my own cans (or commercial cans) of meat are on my pantry shelves, allowing me to plop in the meat into any meal I'm preparing.

I use ground beef for tacos, taco salad, tamale pie, spaghetti, and more.  The spaghetti sauce is made up in advance, along with the ground beef, and is pressure canned as meat spaghetti sauce.  The rest of the ground beef on my shelves waits for use in soups, casseroles, tacos, that sort of thing.

I also pressure can beef chunks to use in any dish that calls for chunks of beef, such as stews.

Chicken is VERY easy to can (well, all meat is).  I use my pressure canned chicken for casserole dishes, mainly. So easy to plop in the pint of chicken and cook the meal!

I am canning ground beef today.  As you can see, my Presto pressure canner guage shows about 13 pounds.  It will slowly go down another pound but I won't take it below 12 pounds because I have an electric range.  Otherwise the pressure may drop below 11, which will ruin my canning for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment