In Mylar Bag
1 cups dried mixed vegetables (carrots, peas,
2 Tbsp. tomato powder
1 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
1 1/2 Tbsp. beef or vegetable bouillon
1/8 tsp. sage
2 bay leaves
In baggie inside Mylar bag
½ cup alphabet pasta (look in the Hispanic section of the supermarket)
7 cups boiling water
Garlic powder and pepper to taste
1. Open Mylar bag. Discard ABS.
2. Open baggie. Pour alphabet pasta into a small bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water. Stir. Let sit for 30 minutes, covered.
3. In a medium-size cooking pot, bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add in Mylar bag ingredients. Stir well. Turn off heat.
4. Cover. Let soup rest for 30 minutes.
5. Add in the softened alphabet pasta. Stir well. Bring soup to a boil, then turn down heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 5 to 10 minutes, or until all ingredients are soft.
The perfect crackers to serve with this soup:
Pie Crust Crackers
Bread in a Bag Book Two
THE RECIPES FOR THESE BREADS AND SOUPS ARE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE BOOKS:
"BREAD IN A BAG", OR "BREAD IN A BAG BOOK TWO" - (SEE LINKS BELOW FOR PURCHASING)
ALSO: "SOUP IN A BAG" (see link below for purchasing)
NOTE: BREADS ARE SHOWN IN OLDER POSTS. SEE ARCHIVES. CLICK ON ANY PHOTO TO ENLARGE.
Note: This blog looks much better with Google Chrome.
Thursday, August 23, 2012
SOUP IN A BAG - ALPHABET SOUP
Here is my recipe for Alphabet Soup from "Soup in a Bag":